Dorset Junior Cup Final

Okeford United 3 - 1 Halstock
Tim Westlake, 4'    
    Goal, 25'
Chris Wareham, 46'    
Tim Westlake, 68'    

Attendance. 240.

The Butterboys won this exciting encounter in front of a large crowd at Shaftesbury FC,
the support for both teams was fantastic.
The Butterboys got off to a great start when Tim Westlake fired home in the fourth minute.
As the half progressed Halstock gradually got back into the game, having two good chances before they equalised in the twenty fifth minute.
Halstock should have taken the lead but were denied by the post, both keepers produced brilliant saves to keep their teams in the game, Westlake being denied for Okeford & Sam Pike the Okeford keeper doing the same.
HT 1-1.
Jamie Bugler replaced Kieron Dunseith at the break after he had picked up an injury early in the match.
Within a minute of the restart the Butterboys were back in front when Chris Wareham fired home from a good clearance from Pike in the Okeford goal.
The Butterboys were now on top and putting their opponents under a lot more pressure.
Westlake & Bugler were both denied by the keeper, but Westlake was not denied in the 68th minute when he beat the offside trap to run through to slot past the advancing keeper.
The game was now hotting up, the referee was busy with several cautions but eventually pulled out a red for a Halstock player after a nasty challenge on Ryan White which ended his part in the game.  He was replaced by Jonathan Frampton who picked up a booking with his first tackle.
Chris Cole was outstanding throughout the whole match as was Eddie Thomas the Okeford captain.
The delight at the final whistle was shown by all from the Okeford side, with the Butterboys winning their first County Cup final since 1980 and the Junior Cup for the first time since 1931.
As chairman of the club this has been a fantastic evening, sincere thanks to all the players for their 100% effort and to all the supporters who did our great club proud, I thank you all very much sincerely.